Friday, May 7, 2021

Positively Positive

No, I'm not some leftover hippie,
all about peace, rainbows and unicorns.
(Although I do like those things!)
I am me.
You are unaware of 
all of the challenges I've faced.
And in those struggles,
I have chosen to see the good.
I have opted to search for silver linings.
I have decided to be positively positive.
I have witnessed some serious ugly.
I have been victim of some serious nasty.
I have seen some serious hate.
I could dwell on that stuff.
I could be bitter and angry and mean.
But that does nothing
to better myself or the situation.
A little peace goes a long way.
Rainbows lead to happy places.
Unicorns are magical.
Being positively positive
doesn't make me weak or flimsy.
It took all kinds of strength
to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment