Friday, July 9, 2021

Love Me Now

Love Me Now
by Lyn Marinello

Tomorrow isn't promised
Sometimes the hourglass shatters
Speak to your emotions
Say what really matters
Don't pick apart achievements
Make light of when I fall
I've climbed all kinds of mountains
Though to you they may seem small
Do not sing my praises
When I'm too far away to hear
Or be afraid of vulnerability
To profess them when I'm near
Don't tell someone else
I did things to make you proud
Look me in the eyes
Say them now, to me, out loud
Hold me in the now
Share your thoughts and dreams
Include me in your process
A tiny fragment in your schemes
Don't take me for granted
Like the air you breathe each day
If I don't feel necessary
I will simply slip away
I'm not what you chose for me
But I'm exactly who I am
I may not be a roaring lion
But there sure is grace within the lamb
Don't wait to leave me flowers
Take me on a garden stroll
Grab me by the heart again
Hug me with your soul
Don't wait til there's a vigil
To come and pay respect
Treat me as an equal
There's no reason for neglect
I've stood beside you earnestly
Accepted all I can allow
Do now wait for perfect timing
All I ask is to love me now

2 comments: