Wednesday, July 14, 2021

My Words


My Words
by Lyn Marinello

My words are like a life preserver
Thrown out upon rogue waves
A stable line tossed in the storm
To see who they might save
A buoy in the chaos
A beacon in the dark
A promise of plenty
When life seems so stark
A chance at maybe
A gift of perhaps
An opportunity to breathe
Amidst barraging white caps
Hope to believe in
Faith, boat and anchor in one,
A light to reach out to
When clouds obstruct the sun
This storm will surely pass
The rainbow stands in wait
The constant crashing waves
Will surely dissipate
Once again the water
Will gently kiss the shore
The sun will share its warmth
It is patience I implore
But until that time has come
Don't be afraid to ask for aid
My words are only useful
When they're read as I've conveyed

No comments:

Post a Comment