Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Another Man

Another Man
by Lyn Marinello

Do not condemn my actions
Til you've stood within my shoes
Til your vision's through my hazel eyes
You shouldn't judge my views
My past has brought the words I speak
You cannot claim them wrong
My heart beats out a happy tune
You just can't deny its song
My ears have heard some drastic cries
You should not dismiss their pains
My tongue has choked on bitter words
Vocal chords have ached and strained
My hands have labored dutifully
Don't misinterpret their lack of wear
My arms may not be muscled much
But don't discount their strength of care
As you sit beside a stranger
Please do not rush to judge
You've no idea from where they've come
Nor through what troubles they did trudge
Accept with open, loving arms
Receive with a helping hand
Don't lead or follow, but walk beside
For, simply, he is just another man.

No comments:

Post a Comment