Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Signs

As I age, and different things
move into the import frame of life,
I am embracing the signs I am given.
Some, in fact, are literal signs;
not of actual directions,
but for instance,
when I'm distraught and 
come upon Hope Drive.
I just smile.

There are other signs ...
like pennies and feathers and words
and phrases and songs and smells ...
that stop me dead in my tracks
and let me know I'm not alone.
I just smile.

Then there are people signs.
Folks that are either screaming
'do not come over here and interact'
which usually lets me know there's
nothing there for Lyn.
Or other folks that compliment,
assist, offer a friendly greeting,
or just sit and listen when I need it.
Those people who freely hug,
comfortably chat, touch base,
reach out and check in.
Those are my people.
Those are my signs.
And I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment