Saturday, January 21, 2023

National Hugging Day

A little something I threw together on the fly.
It's National Hugging Day! My favorite!!!

A Hug
by Lyn Marinello

There's nothing out there like a hug
to squish one back together.
It doesn't take a big bank account
and can be done in any weather.
You simply open up your arms
and, in doing so, your heart.
Wrap them all around another soul
and it's amazing what you'll start.
The pressures of the day
seem to fade into the air
and the knowledge fills that space
that you took the time to care.
The warmth of soul to soul;
two bodies pressed together tight;
kindness given selflessly
to alleviate another's plight.
Words need not be spoken.
Nothing can really explain
the magic of a really good hug
and the joy it brings to one's brain...
Someone really cares for me.
Someone worries for my soul.
They've enveloped me in their being
to help heal me and make me whole.
And as you walk away improved
feeling joyful, loved, secure;
share that hug with someone else
who might just need a little more.


Get out there and get hugging!

No comments:

Post a Comment