Tuesday, March 7, 2023

All These Things

And so ...
these are the words
that were rolling around in me old noggin'.
Whatchathink?


All These Things
by Lyn Marinello

I am the abyss that brings on my fear
I am the silence I deafeningly hear
I am the darkness that dampens my soul
I am the burden whose weight is my toll
I am the bitter that roils disgust
I am exhausted, but go on I must ...

For I am also the junction converging the void
I am the voice; near mute, but overjoyed
I am the light that offers up hope
I am also the blessing broadening love's scope
I am the flavor that augments life's plate
And I am tenacious. I determine my fate.

I am my master and also my servant
Blissfully ignorant and hyper-observant
I am the teacher. I am the student
I am the hasty and I am the prudent
I am yin; I am yang. I am brave. I am meek
I will march into battle. I'll turn a lenient cheek
I am seeing and sawing; responsive, reactive
Flamboyant, restrained; repulsive, attractive
Herculean, Lilliputian; the pendulum always swings
You and I, we are as one. We each are all these things

No comments:

Post a Comment