Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday School

I've written on this before, but it seems to keep popping up in my day, so I'm doing it again.


In case you haven't figured it out, school extends WAY beyond kindergarten through college. School happens every day, every hour, every minute . . . with every action, every word, and every thought.


What you take away from each lesson is your own to figure out.
No one can change or alter what has occurred in the past. You can, however, move forward in a positive direction. It does not mean, unfortunately, that all those folks and things from your past will be moving forward with you . . . and THAT is a good thing!


I grew up with six brothers. Sometimes, it was more a matter of survival than actually aging. One of the best lessons I learned is that I could compete, in any sport, at any level, and then go put on a dress and kill the competition . . . again!


I moved from New York all the way to Georgia with the love of life at the tender age of twenty-one. The problem with that was I was NOT the love of his life. In fact, he had many. I could have scurried my sad little self home but instead, I shared an apartment with his best friend, pawned the ring he gave me and in the midst of working a second job . . . I met my wonderful husband! Lesson: It's not always as devastating as you might think.


We make friends ~ who turn out to be less-than-desirable people. We make choices that could have been made a little better. We do things we might regret and speak words we wish we could swallow, but they are ALL teaching points. Some things need to STAY in your past. They are there for a reason. Leave them there. Some people will leave your life. Wish them well and move on. There is a reason they are gone.


A wise little quote I have recently found goes something like this:
Wisdom is knowing which bridges to cross, and which bridges to burn.


Recess! Go play!

No comments:

Post a Comment