Monday, March 31, 2014

Ch-Angel time

This has been a rough time of year for me for the past few years.
It was healthy and wonderful to spend the day yesterday with my mother-in-law, Inova.
Beyond the beautiful name, she is an extraordinary person . . . in fact . . . a Ch-Angel!


She has endured so very much in her 89 years on this whirling ball of craziness.
She lost her first son when he was just an infant.
Got divorced when that was not the 'in' thing to do ~ just like my mom.
She remarried Sal - probably the most positive father-figure I ever had.
She raised three children and then raised two grandchildren.
She buried her sister and her husband.
She has endured all kinds of troubles and trials and overcome every one.
She forgives. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't forget (just like my mom).
She may wear her heart on her sleeve, but that heart is bigger and broader and deeper than almost any I've known.
She is accepting and loving and kind and gracious and inviting and amazing with a memory as sharp as a tack and a sense of humor that just makes her all the more beautiful.
I may have lost mine, but I'll take her in a heart beat.
She's a precious soul and a dear friend.
She's my Ch-Angel Inova.
Happy Birthday and God bless you, you absolutely outstanding human being!

No comments:

Post a Comment