Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fire and Ice

I understand that the ALS Ice Bucket challenge has brought millions of dollars to the ALS Foundation. I sure hope they are able to find a cure. It would be wonderful to be rid of that.


But . . .


When I was tasked with the challenge, I wondered why I would donate to ALS when so many other things hit so much closer to home for me. And so . . . the Marinello clan went rogue.


Without taking anything away from ALS, I am challenging folks to the:


Marinello Make-It-Rain Charity Challenge!


I videotaped our family tossing several hundred dollars into the air. This cash will be split between two charities that truly touch my soul ~ All Children's Hospital and The Children's Dream Fund.


I'm challenging you to go videotape yourself or your family Making-It-Rain for the charity of YOUR choice. Some folks might choose Alzheimer's, Autism, Cancer, Animals, or whatever truly move YOU! If you cannot afford a couple hundred and can only donate $5 . . . then do it in pennies, put on a hard hat, and Make-It-Rain in pennies! (tag me in it on FB at Lyn Rider Marinello)


Put your paper where your passion is.
Make a difference to something that's made a difference to you.
But, please, do Something!


Use the Fire you have for the charity you choose,
or the Ice you have for ALS.


Fire and Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment