Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Ch-Angel Dan

I try to bring light to Ch-Angels while they beam upon the earth.
Sometimes, though, their work is done and they are called home very early.

Ch-Angel Dan, you great big giant teddy bear . . .
You were a veteran, a husband, and father to the masses.
To teach is to touch a life forever and, without doubt, you did that.
You were the biggest kid out there during PE and the biggest heart on campus.
You enveloped all those around you with a warmth and kindness unparalleled.
To know you was a gift.
To have called you 'friend' was a blessing.

You listened, hugged like no other, laughed, played, cared and supported.
You lived. Large!
Thank you for the millions of conversations of football - Seminoles and Steelers.
Thank you for the millions of tears allowed to be spilled upon your jersey-ed shoulders.
Thank you for saving me from the psycho lady at school.
Thank you for laughing about it with me afterward.
Thank you for the bike ride to pay your bills.
Thank you for just sitting with me.
Thank you for people watching with me.
Thank you for the umpteen Pioneer Days.
Thank you for embracing my children as if they were your own.
They adore you!
Thank you being a member of our family for so very long.
Thank you for YOU!

Enjoy your wings, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment