Friday, July 8, 2016

Why?

Is there really ever a good answer?
Or even any answer?
Why am I sick?
Why did this happen?
Why did they pass away?
Why did I get fired?
Why did she betray me?
The 'why' always lingers.

The only answer is
to walk in faith that there really is a bigger picture.
Maybe there is sickness to appreciate health.
Maybe problems arise to avert your attention.
Maybe our loss is heaven's gain.
Maybe a new, better job awaits.
Maybe the drama is best left in your rearview.
We just don't know.
But we must find some positive and . . .
perhaps most importantly . . .
continue to move forward.
When you are mired in the unknown, you sink.

Personally, I believe we face what we face
to assist someone else.
In that belief, my sorrow and stress
is lessened every time I offer a hand, an ear, my heart.

Hoping your question is answered soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment