Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Hi!

My name is Lyn.

How simple is that?
Within a rather lively conversation with a dear soul yesterday,
I came to a conclusion that I've reached countless times before,
but it needs repeating.

Hi! My name is Lyn.

I do not walk up to folks and say,
"Hi!
I am a caucasion, short, Catholic - practicing Christian,
Greek by blood, Italian by marriage, green-eyed, female,
heterosexual, happily married, non-high-fashion,
conservative-leaning, pro-life, pro-gun, mountain-hiking,
beach-loving, sports-crazed, hug-loving, victim of abuse,
voting, pro-art, dreaming, fund raising, passionate about
children and their health/welfare, passionate about standing
up to cancer and defeating illnesses, advocating for those
that cannot speak for themselves, pet loving, freedom loving,
free speaking, hard working, not looking for handouts, hopeful,
helpful, loving, caring, expressive, positive, practical, polite,
respectful, patriotic, independent, kind and generous person."

I just say
"Hi! My name is Lyn."

Let's lose the labels folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment