Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Peace

Peace is something that we all want.
It is a common thread.
A critical bond.

I face ordeals and trials with humor and sarcasm.
Some folks might find that offensive.
Doesn't mean I'm taking things lightly.
If you know me, you know that's the farthest from the truth.
I face defeat and betrayal with a ferocious optimism.
A 'kill them with kindness' and 'make 'em wish they'd chosen differently'
sort of thing.
Some folks might find that offensive.
Just because I don't fight the way you fight,
heal the way you heal,
believe what you believe,
think what you think,
doesn't mean I don't want the same end result.

People . . .
stop with the labels,
the hatred,
the vile spewing ugliness.
Listen.
Read.
Watch.
Educate.
Do no harm.
Do not separate, but unify.
Do not segregate, but envelope.
The peace you seek must begin with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment