Friday, January 26, 2018

Hats Off

There are moments
when you realize
that you must simply concede,
amongst all your faults,
that you've somehow done a good job.
This is how I feel when I interact with my children.

They both have overcome much.
They have stretched and reached more than most.
They have sacrificed.
They have had setbacks and trials.
They have suffered great loss.
They have also learned and grown from every single event.

They are bright, resilient, persistent, communicative,
talented, educated (beyond books - but there, too!),
kindhearted, philanthropic, genuine, witty, strong,
straightforward, caring, compassionate, dedicated,
determined, fighters, and survivors.

So hats off to me (and hubby). We done good.
And hats off to you, too.
I'd love to hear about your where your hat dwells . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment