Saturday, January 13, 2018

Wealth

When I was much younger,
I dabbled in Amway.
I sat in fancy cars, fancy homes,
saw all kinds of cash thrown around like confetti.
I dreamed of one day being like that.

Now, so many, many years later,
I have learned a few things.
I have been very poor.
I have lived quite comfortably.
There still is something tainted about money.

Real wealth comes
in a phone call from your kids,
a few stolen moments with your spouse,
a message from an old friend,
the fulfillment of a good laugh,
a memory roused by a favorite song,
the quiet comfort of sitting with family,
the simple joy of holding hands.
No leadership meetings.
No titles necessary.
No fancy jets or sports cars or castles.
Just your health
and the envelopment of those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment