Thursday, October 24, 2019

Age

As the number increases,
and the aches and pains follow suit,
the good part, I have found,
is becoming comfortable within your own skin.
Not in an outward, runway sort of thing,
but more realistically at ease.
This is me.
Like me, hate me, love me.
This is me.
This is who I am.
I am happy with this person.
Your approval is not necessary.
I miss certain attributes and certain people,
but I am blessed beyond measure.
I rise each morning in anticipation
of what the day holds
and how I can impact it for others.
If I disappoint you,
it's because your expectations are your own.
If I anger you,
it's because you have your own issues.
If I hug you,
it's because you're special to me.
If I reach out to you,
it's because I trust you.
If I love you,
you'll never know anything more fierce.
I am okay with all of that.
Wisdom really does come with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment