Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Raining Ch-Angels

So yesterday I went to a party.
It wasn't a get-all-dressed-up fancy party.
In fact, it was just a come-as-you-are party.
Ok ... actually … it was a pity party.
Table for three.
Yup, that's right folks. I'm not always pooping rainbows.
Shocker, I know.
But it's also helpful to realize that everyone is human.
And so,
without decoration or balloons or even cake
I sat miserable, on my sofa, feeling all kinds of blah,
self-loathing and feeling generally worthless.
And when I reached out - there they were.
A pair of Ch-Angels!
Without judgement or preaching or condemnation.
Just listening and loving.
They walked me over my small abyss
and guided me to a better evening.
My thanks is just not enough.
I owe you my sanity.
Love you Lisa and Amie.
Ooh, and on a positive note ...
the party got better - hubby bought me ice cream!
Love me some Ch-Angels!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am thankful for you every day 'offgridgrandmommy'. You have always - for the past about 40 years or so - enriched and improved my life. Thank you!

      Delete