Saturday, October 15, 2022

It's All in the Approach

When do we lose that purpose
to be kind to one another?
When we teach children,
we start from a point of innocence,
a blank slate, a clean table,
with an enthusiasm to enable another human
to grow and become a little better,
a little stronger,
a little more capable.
In our whirlwind called society,
the expectation to 'keep up,'
'to know it all,'
to have already been exposed to all things
so new stuff should be easy
creates a demeaning and belittling atmosphere.
It not only defeats the purpose,
it destroys the learner.
I am guilty of this myself.
I think I was presented with this recently
to make me look inward.
I will try harder to be better;
to slow down, to breathe, to be kind
and to assist.
It's all in the approach.
How will you approach your next challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment