Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Yousedto

This was one of the word jumbles that attacked me while driving
on our adventure this past Sunday.
The rest of it came in small pieces, but I think it turned out well.
This is obviously written about my Momma,
but I'm fairly certain it could be anyone's momma, or father,
or husband or wife or sibling or person that they've lost.
I hope you find solace in this that you are not alone.
Please enjoy and comment if you'd like.


Yousedto
by Lyn Marinello

You used to dry my tears
You used to hug away the ache
You used to listen to me vent
You used to calm me when I'd shake
You used to cheer my grand ideas
You used to let me share my woes
You used to challenge me at Scrabble
You used to keep me on my toes
You used to answer every call
You used to offer sage advice
You used to be nice to everyone
Until it was time to not be nice
You used to be a fixture
A part of every single day
You used to be a presence
Then you quietly slipped away
My life is infinitely better
Though now occasionally tossed askew
By the hollow place that was once filled
With all the things you used to do

2 comments: