Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Absurdity

Today is National Absurdity Day!

Don't you find it Absurd that there are Christmas decorations out during Halloween?
Don't you find it Absurd that stores are opening for Black Friday on Thanksgiving Thursday?
Don't you find it Absurd that I am asked to say Happy Holidays when I fully believe in Merry Christmas and Jesus Christ?
Don't you find it Absurd that I need to push #1 to hear English?
Don't you find it Absurd that we find folks guilty of serious crimes and then feed them three squares for the next thirty years til all their appeals run out?
Don't you find it Absurd that we send so much relief all around the world and yet we are a nation of great poverty and starvation ourselves?
Don't you find it Absurd that folks think you're odd if you wear white pants after a certain date?
Don't you find it Absurd that if I speak my mind, I'm a beotch; and if I keep quiet, I'm a doormat?
Don't you find it Absurd that we've allowed our children to believe that no one loses a game?
Don't you find it Absurd that we've somehow managed to take any given moment to extremes - like NFL bullies and twerking in the name of publicity?
Don't you find it Absurd that there's a far greater need for more Mayberry than Real Housewives?

Just some things to ponder.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment