Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feast

Happy Thanksgiving!

A wonderful time of abundance.
We have much to be thankful for.
There is feasting in great magnitude.

There is, of course, the feast of food upon your table. Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry, cornbread, croissants, corn, apple pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and a million other mouthwatering delectable treats.

There is, too, the feast that is family. I, myself, am thrilled to share my table with my immediate family. To drink in the laughter and chatter of hubby and my 'babies' fills me up more than any treat mentioned above. Believe me, though, I come from a long history of no less than twenty for every Thanksgiving growing up. I enjoy both!

There is the feast of friends. Those folks who may be too far from home or to sit at the table with their own families, so they share yours. The people we take into our lives as though they were family. We love them, sometimes, more than family.

We have the feast of freedom. While we are chowing down and watching parades and football, there are those half a world away who are fighting so we can continue to do so. Freedom is a delicacy taken far too much for granted these days.

And finally, please, feast on faith! Give thanks for all your blessings. Your guests who are eating with you and those that are eating at a far better spread. Your children, your spouse, your brothers, your sisters, your parents, your cousins, your friends, your framily, your trials and triumphs, your overwhelming times and your overcoming of them, your hugs, your Angels, your talents, your gifts, yourself. There is so very much to be thankful for.

Feast today.
Fill up on ALL the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment