Monday, November 4, 2013

Let It Go

I have a dear friend who sent me a writing entitled, "Let It Go". It was written in reference to knowing what you can control and being ok with what you cannot. She gave it to me for one reason, but it has been wonderfully useful in a variety of other areas.

This weekend, I spent several days away from home.
It is always good to get away - no matter what you do - to switch things up and change your vantage point.
We took a cave tour, walked in the rain, drank really potent and bad beer, we stayed out way too late, we cheered on a favorite team with 84,000 of our closest friends, we danced, we sang, we walked and walked and walked, we spent time with our son, and we laughed.
It was such a wonderful time  ~  to let the things go that I cannot change or alter or fix.
It was so relaxing  ~  to not be worried about who is offended or how my words can be misconstrued.
It was beautiful  ~  to simple enjoy my surroundings.
It was cleansing to just detoxify my life. To sweep out the bad, mean, and ugly things and welcome in the beautiful, wondrous, and marvelous things.

If I was a doctor, I would whip out my prescription pad and write everyone a script:

Take a few days off and Let It Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment