Friday, November 29, 2013

Worth Repeating

As the holiday season is now in full swing (and I can attest to this from my Grey Thursday crazy shift at work til 1 am), remember that there are many folks whose holidays are far more trying that you could ever imagine. They may be alone, or with family but no job to provide a festive holiday, or just simply trying to make ends meet with nothing left for presents or food.

If we cannot do great things,
we can do small things in a great way.

I've got a friend who just started Baggies of Blessings - a local-to-Tampa group that helps to provide necessities to the homeless or in need. Of course you know I'm affiliated with All Children's Hospital who is always looking for new, unwrapped toy donations for those that will be in the hospital during the holidays. I'm also affiliated with the Children's Dream Fund which grants the dreams of seriously and terminally ill children on Florida's west coast. They are always in need of dream makers. And that's just three that I'm part of locally. There are gobs more - everywhere.

If you have a little extra ~ consider giving to help someone else.
If you belong to a group or business that could help, feel free to contact me and I'll get you in touch with the right folks at my favorites.
A small kindness creates great ripples.

If we cannot do great things,
we can do small things in a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment