Thursday, November 14, 2013

Focus

I normally don't take requests, but this one surely hits home.

I have a wonderfully, kind-hearted friend who is bitterly disappointed in the human race when they react and/or respond to things with mean, disrespectful, and hurtful words and/or actions. I share her observations and have been privy to those same hurtful words and actions on many occasions.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm a hundred years old. Not quite to 50 yet, but feeling weathered beyond centuries, I have seen and felt and witnessed many, many mean and hateful things through the years. This is what I offered to my wonderfully, kind-hearted friend:

We cannot fix the world.
We can simply lead by example.
We share our hearts and our talents and lives with others in hopes that they will feel that love and pass it on.
Some just don't get it.
Some are just content to be malcontent.
Some cannot fathom why you would be nice to a stranger.
What we need to understand is that all we can do is pray for them.
We hope that God and some grace might touch and soften their soul and their heart that they might find compassion and empathy and kindness.
Until that time, their alienation of others only serves to separate them from the world around them.

Walk away from the things that make you sad.
Envelope yourself with positive, productive, philanthropic people.
Pray for the souls that are lost and hurting; low and hurtful ~ there is some reason for their pain.
Focus on the indubitably wonderful change you can be in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment