Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

It is strange that every year, at this time, folks are hurrying the clocks ahead to put the year behind them.

I have known some folks, myself included, who have battled some serious stuff in the past.
Although I wouldn't wish my troubles on my worst enemies, I don't think I'd change anything.
What I have been through ~ the bad stuff ~ has only served to teach me vital lessons, to make me stronger, more resilient, more self-sufficient, more assertive, more discerning.
I may not have been having a party while dealing with those things, but hurdles and hardships are necessary in life.
They encourage us to enjoy and celebrate the tiny victories we achieve.
They enable us to measure our forward progress.

Life is not all peaches and cream.
I am a much better person for having survived all the nonsense that has occurred in my life.
I am more tenacious and more determined.
Don't wish your year or your time away.
Celebrate the blessings you've had.
They are for more numerous that you might imagine.
Enjoy the abundant joys around you.
They are everywhere!

I wish you a most blessed and prosperous 2014.
Make it what you want.

1 comment: