Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Twinkling

I literally spent all day yesterday cleaning my house and then Christmas-izing my house.
Nearly every room is touched with some sort of seasonal surprise and hubby even put Christmas music on the TV for me so I could dance and sing all day.
Every year, I find just the greatest joys in unwrapping each packed Santa or Angel or snowman or Snowbaby or whatever might come from the crates. Each item draws with it the memory of who gave it to me or where I got it from.
These are not just items placed randomly about my house.
They are memories - twinkling - for the whole month for me to share the holidays with those who offered a piece of themselves in each gift I received.
Hubby was so excited when he got home that he went straight to the garage and grabbed the outside lights. He climbed up on the room, in the dark, and we lit up the night.
Each light - twinkling - in the darkness. Each light offering a glimmer of the Reason for the Season and each light a reminder of every blessing we have shared. It's very bright over here.

And, in that cold, clear night, all those stars - twinkling.
Some say those stars are just those that have gone on before us - lighting the way for others and giving us hope of a brighter tomorrow.

Oh - it's the holiday for twinkling!

No comments:

Post a Comment