Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hi Mom!


Hi Mom! It's me. How are you today?
I thought I'd check and see if you're ok.
The kids are doing great. They both seem quite content
Occasionally with issues, they'll call to scream or vent.
But they both send their love. They miss you quite a bit.
You'd be proud of all they are; full of fire and charm and wit.
Deanna's photographic talents are progressing every day.
She's thriving in her schoolwork, though, like you, she loves to play.
She knows the value of a dollar; unafraid of working hard;
Commands respect, tenacious too, persistent even when scarred.
She's grown to be quite beautiful; bubbly from the inside, out.
Her infectious personality is what she's all about.
She very much like you. She takes everyone to heart.
She spreads job and love and laughter. She is gracious, kind and smart.
Miles is doing super! Off at school and on his own.
You'd be so very, very proud of the man into which he's grown.
He's had his share of troubles. Of this you're well aware.
But that grit and determination is blatantly always there.
I'm thankful you helped me instill that. He's stronger than most I know.
You'd love his wit and talent. Combined they're a brilliant show.
His smile melts your heart. His hugs melt your troubles away.
His heart, though sarcastic, is golden. I'm blessed by his phone calls each day.
Victor is working hard. He's been so focused all his life.
But as of late, he's been quite doting on me, his most lucky wife.
We share most every evening holding hands while watching TV,
Laughing or talking or just sitting; he's my favorite place to be.
Know that he makes me happy. He's a great provider, an amazing dad.
My heart is safe within his hands. I'm happiest when Victor-clad.
We had to put down old Max. That day was a little rough.
But together we cried, holding memories and united, we're weary, but tough.
Well, I just wanted to say hello. Let you know I miss you tons.
That your Florida clan is A-OK and I continue to check in on your sons.
I'm still listening to all kinds of music, and singing along while I do.
Playing word games and doing puzzles; whatever helps me think of you.
I continue with my writing; a gift you encouraged for years.
Blogs and posts and poems and more ~ through anger, smiles, and tears.
I still can't believe you're gone. The stinging ache just won't go away.
There are so many things I see and do that remind me of you every day.
I am proud to be your daughter. I aspire to emulate you.
You're in my prayers each evening. You are evident in all that I do.
Fourteen-hundred and sixty days have slowly ticked on by
Since I held your hand and helped you to enter the Other Side.
I thank you for raising me right. You shine through me ~ that is clear.
Mom, I couldn't miss you any more. I wish you still were here.

1 comment: