Thursday, December 4, 2014

A little bolder

I am a big advocate of random acts of kindness
and paying forward any kindnesses you receive.
I offer suggestions frequently about leaving money
for the person behind you at Starbucks, in the grocery store, or wherever.
Yesterday, though, I switched it up.
I was at 'my Publix'. They know me well there.
I ran into one of my favorite employees.
She was done with her shift and was purchasing a few items.
She got in line ahead of me.
She put her items up, put up the separator, and helped me
take my items out of my cart and put them on the register.
I caught the cashier's eye and mouthed, "Put hers on mine."
Because I've done this numerous time with the person behind me,
she knew exactly what I wanted.
My buddy, the employee, was a little shocked but most appreciative.
It was surely quite nice to face the recipient and tell her she deserved it.
What will YOU do today to be . . . a little bolder?

2 comments:

  1. Do it so no one knows! Even better, do it for the person who cannot give back to you. To top it off, do it to the person that you would least want to do it to and needs to see loving kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous - if you read carefully, you will see that always leave the funds and run away. I expect nothing and want nothing for the effort. It is simply a heart-warming gesture to perform a kindness for a stranger. Today, however, I had the opportunity to see a smile on a dear friend's face who needed a little pick-me-up. That's all. Every random act of kindness is a wonderful act. Have a fabulous day.

      Delete