Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Almost There

Just two more days and 2014 will be nothing but a memory.
What kind of memory will it be for you?
Mine contains great loss.
I put down my 13 year old black Lab, Max.
I was betrayed by someone I thought was a good friend.
I said goodbye to my baby brother, Skip.
Tremendous holes are left.
I also learned that I am terribly tenacious.
I am resilient and persistent and courageous.
I can stand up to what ails me, and whether things change or not,
I've made my peace with it.
Your 2014 is filled with your own trials and tribulations.
To each of us, our experiences are so grandiose.
We need to remember that we each are fighting what seems like
incredible battles to us.
We are each celebrating unfathomable victories.
We need to realize each lesson, good or bad,
for ourselves and in each other.
You're almost there.
You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment