Saturday, January 17, 2015

Finding Treats

I have lost much in these last few years.
I could wallow, for sure.
I could find ways daily to be sad and bitter and angry.
I could find things to cry about.
I could find reasons to be despondent and disappointed.


But I choose, instead,
to find treats.


I could have cried yesterday knowing my baby brother is gone.
Instead, when I went outside early this morning,
the crooked sliver of moon seemed to be smiling at me.
Hi Skippy!


I could be sad on a continual basis missing my mom.
Instead, I sing along with the radio
remembering how she said she loved to hear me do that.


I could be sad my grandfather, so very dear to me, is no longer here.
Instead, I channel my inner boxer and take it out on the kick bag.


Life is about choices.
Each day is as simple as "Happy or Crappy".
I choose Happy.
I choose to Find Treats.


Go Find Treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment