Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reconnecting

As the first few days of 2015 have come and gone
I've seen a definite 'sign' of something of great importance.
I have learned to pay attention to things that continually pop up
in my work, my play, my passions and my pursuits.
This year it would seem that 'reconnecting' is very important.


Facebook and other social media has made it easy
to get back in touch with friends from years gone by.
That's a great tool for keeping abreast of one other.
What I'm referring to is REALLY reconnecting.
Not just a hello and not just with every
Tom, Dick, and Harry that has ever crossed your path.


I'm talking about letting someone know how impactful
they have been in your life.
Humble yourself enough to pour your heart out,
maybe even in a paper-to-pen tangible letter,
to someone who has helped you in the past;
someone who has greatly effected you;
someone who has made a difference.
Odds are, they had no idea.
Wouldn't it be a grand treat to realize you helped someone?
And, believe me, it is a great release to write it as well.


I challenge you to one person a month through 2015.
Just twelve letters to twelve people.
Make someone's day.
And, in doing so, you do something extraordinary for yourself.
It's a beautiful ripple of thanks and kindness and gratitude
that can be started with a simple 'Thank You'.


Reconnect today.

No comments:

Post a Comment