Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Band of Brothers

Today is a special day.
A day to recognize one of my many brothers and his birthday.
I'm not quite sure what my parents were doing in early May, but all four of my biological brothers were born between January 31st and February 14th.
My two step-brothers were born shortly before that.
I am a lucky girl to have such a Band of Brothers.


They may not always communicate with one another,
and it may be months before I actually speak to them,
but they are there!
I feel them!
I sense them!
I am certain of them!
They are and have always been my safety net.
They encourage me, stabilize me, push me, taunt me, tease me, and love me.
I couldn't ask for a better group of gentleman to call family.


Happy Birthday Jim!
Happy Birthday too to Eric, Skippy (RIP), Bill, Dan and Cal.
Love you all.


For those of you with just one brother - I hope you're close.
I hope you realize what you have.
For those with more . . . I understand your pain
and I share in your joy.


Enjoy your Band of Brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment