Saturday, February 14, 2015

Heart Beep

Firstly, Happy Birthday to brothers Cal and Dan.
No, they are not twins.
They are actually separated by two years.
I hope your day is wonderful.


Kids say the darnedest things.
When my daughter was very little,
she was snuggled up against her daddy.
All of a sudden she became all wide-eyed
and very excited.
She sat bolt upright and exclaimed,


"I can hear your heart beep!"


It was terribly precious and cute at the time.
What I find more precious is that we still say it.
When I am all curled up against my hubby on the couch,
entrenched in some movie or sit-com or cooking show,
I am enveloped in warm memories,
overtaken by a tender smile,
and say,


"I can hear your heart beep!"


Have a beautiful Valentine's Day.
Share the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment