Tuesday, February 10, 2015

One of My Favorites

Angel's Wings


Angel's wings, embrace me, from the wicked of this Earth
Sheathe me in your feathery steel, protect my heavenly worth
A downy soft encasement to fortify my soul
A powerful light to guide me on a path to make me whole


Angel's wings, do comfort me. Soften the trials ahead
Grant me strength in faith to walk where I am led
Ratify my resolve to overcome what may
Offer me your solace to seek another day


Angel's wings, please lift me, to the heights of God's design
His glory rise ten-fold more than any inkling mortally mine
Soaring just below me, I ask for loft bequeathed
To my pinnacle of purpose with a winged net beneath


Angel's wings, provide me, a blissful journey to His throne
A celebratory ending to a beginning of glories unknown
Guide me home sweet angel whispers when my clay shell's been wrung dry
Lay me down softly on Angel's wings and carry me home on high!


~ Lyn Marinello

No comments:

Post a Comment