Friday, June 19, 2015

Father's Day

There are all kinds of fathers out there.
Each is unique to his own situation.
I'm not sure how lucky I was but I had a plethora.


My real dad taught me to tackle things with tenacity.
We helped teach him the same thing.
Step-dad number one taught me, in a weird way,
to give everything 110% . . . just to prove 'em wrong.
Step-dad number two taught me to always keep looking.
Happiness is but a step of faith away.
Father-in-law taught me size is of no matter.
Love and family is as large as you make it.
Hubby . . . an extraordinary dad . . . taught me
I made an exemplary choice about 25 years ago.
He is dedication, determination, silliness, love, faith,
compassion, commitment, charm, and strength
all wrapped up in the fabulous package that is the
father of my children.


To those of you lucky enough to be a dad . . .
be a good one.
Lead by example.
Share the love.
Set boundaries for your babies
and then push them beyond them.
Play and laugh and learn and grow and share.


Thank you.
Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment