Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Whole Choir

A group of geese is a gaggle.
A group of monkeys is a troop.
But a group of Angels is called a Choir.
Today, I honor a Choir of Ch-Angels.
(Who could literally break out into song on a moment's notice.)
Not one. Not two. But every single one of them.
My oldest brother has had this group of friends
that have travelled the bumpy road of life together.
Where most may have drifted or parted,
because of hardships, divorces, or deaths,
those things have only solidified the bond between them.
Yesterday, as they have done for years,
they gathered at the gravesite of a friend who passed far too soon.
They laughed, shared memories, made new ones, and just existed together.
Theirs is a bond that literally brings tears to my eyes.
My source of six brothers grows exponentially when I am with them.
Today, I honor you Ch-Angels:
Cal, Billy, Danny, Paul, Todd, Joe, and all the others.
You are a grand group.
It's an honor to know you!
Thanks for making this world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment