Wednesday, March 2, 2016

BB's

Beautiful Beginnings . . .

On a day, yesterday, that I really didn't want to go to work,
I walked in and the first person who spoke to me
was my son's first grade teacher.
She walked up and said, "I'm so-and-so and you're Marinello."
My son was in first grade almost TWENTY years ago.
She said, "I can see his face but cannot recall his name,
although I think it started with an 'M'." And continued with,
"You made an impact."
I was dumbfounded. WE made an impact?
She was an extraordinary influence on my son and life.
She taught me about speaking quietly to garner attention -
that the loudest one does not always get his point across.
She made a difference.
She taught AND guided AND molded.
For her to remember us, and our names, after all these years . . .

What a Beautiful Beginning to my day.

I hope you have a day like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment