Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Helping

Listened to a dear friend tell me a story about her son.
He felt like he should do more to help other people.
So, one day he did.
And when he got to his job that he was about to lose,
he was offered another position within the company.

Coincidence?
Believe what you want.

I choose to believe that the best way in which to help yourself
is to help other people.
When I get so knotted up in my own nonsense,
I take a deep breath, look around, and listen.
I find someone in need, someone hurting, someone down.
I do whatever I am able to assist, to soothe, to lift them up.
And, by the time I'm done exhausting myself for them,
my issues seem to have untangled themselves.

To put another soul before your own
is a blessing for that soul,
and a beautiful gift to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment