Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My Blessings

There are blessings in the oddest places.
You just need to be ready to accept them.

After a very stressful couple of days,
I was invited out to dinner with a few friends.
If you know me, you know that it's unusual for me
to go out and do something for me.
I chose, however, to go out.
The brilliance of the two beautiful Ch-Angels
whose company I was blessed with was bountiful.
Not only good for my belly, but grand for my soul.
There was laughter and silliness and stories.
There was hugs and cherished treats.
There was a closeness and comfortableness
that washed away the day's nonsense.
It was much needed and tremendously appreciated.
I thank you!

And, as I strolled through the cards and gifts
upon arrival at home - shedding tears between giggles -
the phone rang.
Another Ch-Angel.
I've known this enveloping soul for nearly 40 years.
He's comforting, supportive, genuine, outstanding.
More laughter. A few more tears. Just joyous.

My blessings lie not in the tangible gadgets of the day;
but in the hearts and hugs of friends.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment