Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I got a D

Now, normally, I pride myself
on studying, learning, retaining
and getting good grades.
It worked for a good many years.
But, when I was 24,
as well read as I could be,
informed as I might try,
I got a D.
It was on this day, many years ago,
that our Deanna Sarene was born;
Our "D"!
It might appear as a 'failing grade' to some,
but she is one of the most perfect things
we ever created.
Full of life and spunk and spark and vitality and joy;
always looking for adventure and laughter and love;
dancing and singing, acting and playing,
learning and living, passionate and giving.
What a gift you are - and continue to be.
For those of you lucky enough to know her,
you're welcome.
For those of you blessed by her talents,
you're welcome.
For those of you graced with her goodness,
you're welcome.
But Deanna, for all that you are and will always be,
Thank You!
I'll take this 'D' any day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment