Saturday, June 20, 2020

Father

Sometimes,
I get a little 'jelly'
about all the 'I love my dad' posts
on Father's Day.
Although I had a varied assortment,
few stand out.
Number one drank.
He failed at fathering, but flourished as a friend.
Number two … yeah.
Instilled a lot of anger, but also tenacity and determination.
Number three was historic.
The stories and information he shared far outweighed his awkwardness.
The in-law - extraordinary.
Gave tirelessly, selflessly, lovingly all the years I was blessed to know him.
The countless Ch-Angel father figures
who stepped in, stepped up, guided, listened, taught, hugged, helped -
Lenny, Conrad, Harold, Tom, Jon, and many more -
thank you for every step you walked with me.
The father of my children … priceless!
I could not ask for anyone more loving, caring, devoted, dedicated, stable.
And to The Father ...
I am graced with your guidance and ceaseless love.
You gave me many opportunities to learn and grow.
I am thankful for your steadfast and solid arms around me.
To you all ...
Thank You
and enjoy the day and weekend that we celebrate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment