Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Thankful

Not sure if I'll get on here tomorrow,
or if any of you will be reading,
but I will ensure that today
you are filled with all the love!

I am thankful for hard days
and difficult people.
I am thankful for hard work
and occasional bruises.
I am thankful for tears
and for heartache.
With each of the those things
and so many more
I have cunningly learned
to navigate life;
to be empathetic;
to be compassionate;
to be patient;
to be diligent;
to be tenacious;
to be brave;
to be humble;
to be happy.
I am thankful, too,
for you.
All you wonderful folks
who have lifted me up,
walked beside me,
pushed me along,
and backed me up.
Life is as good
as we choose to see it.
Mine is pretty dandy -
because of you all.
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm thankful for you, and your beautiful writings!

    ReplyDelete