Monday, November 15, 2021

Nancy

I wrote this for my husband,
in hopes of capturing the best of his sister,
who passed away over Halloween weekend.
Although you may not have known her,
hopefully these words will paint a picture.
Respectfully ...


Nancy
by Lyn Marinello

I walked in the shadows
Played in the dark
Was afraid of the fire
But tempted the spark
Breathing life into others
Gave meaning to mine
Thankful to God
For peace time after time
I danced on the edge
Lived life at my pace
Saw beauty in others
I was thankful for grace
I loved a good wedding
I danced up a storm
Unconfined by labels
I challenged the norm
Family was everything
Arms open and caring
Unaffected by actions
Eternally sharing
Standing up here
Looking over all of you
I'm free of any pain
I am cleansed anew
No more misdirection
I'll no longer roam
Thank you for your love
It has guided me Home

1 comment: