Friday, June 9, 2023

A little change

This morning,
when I sat down at my computer,
tired from a long trip away from home;
exhausted from worrying about kids,
grandkids and puppies;
frazzled from work and its mayhem ...
I wanted to vent and whine and complain
about all the aforementioned.
Well ... I did work out this morning,
so the venting energy went toward that.
Whining and complaining
really doesn't help a dadgum thing.
It doesn't fix the situation
or alleviate the tension.
And so ... I focused instead ...
on the magic that was made on that long trip;
the imprint I hope I made on tiny humans
and larger ones, too;
the positive impact a little time on the floor
has made with the pooch;
and that work is work and its mayhem
does not belong to me.
And the birds chirped a little louder.
And the quiet seemed a little more peaceful.
And the morning improved tremendously.
So ... dear friends ...
we all have issues and situations and troubles.
It is decided by you how they will impact your day.
A little change in perspective is a beautiful thing.
Enjoy your Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment