Friday, July 29, 2011

A Ch-Angel of Note

It is hard enough to be an adolescent person. Life is seemingly in such turmoil every day. Friends are fickle, parents are overbearing and overwhelming, school is a roller-coaster of work and emotion. Love is some sort of game for only the popular crowd and the dangled carrot is never captured.

Until . . .

Nearly thirty years ago, someone very special showed a little interest. It is absolutely astounding what a little attention can do to the psyche of a young teenage person. I had, for a couple of years prior, been finding an outlet in prose. I wrote when I was happy. I wrote to release tension. I wrote of those I secretly admired and wished to be closer to. I didn't have any idea where this would lead, but knew that it was a tremendous vent for so much pent up energy.

Apparently, this wonderful woman, saw those same opportunities. She offered me a writing book with heartfelt words of encouragement to follow my dreams of poetry and writing. While I sat in a world of turmoil and trauma, this Ch-Angel of mine saw through the madness and encouraged me to pour out my heart, my soul, my thoughts, and desires.

Since that time, I have had several poems published in various publications. I have had two children's books published and have had the gumption enough to start this blog. I find writing to be an incredible outlet of raw emotion and, when pushed to the proverbial brink, I am often woken in the wee hours of the morning with inspiration and can often write lengthy verse in a single, unedited session.

It is because of the prodding of this Ch-Angel that I have been able to accomplish these things. When others showed no faith or belief in me or my talents, this Blessing-of-a-Beautiful-Person was always there . . . pom poms flailing in undeniable cheers! Through all this time, she continues to push me to continue, to write, to rhyme, to create. She is my second mom and also one of my mom's best friends.

And so, to you my Ch-Angel of the day, I offer my love and my thanks. There are a multitude of moments I would never have survived without you and your urgings to pursue the talents God gave me. Thank you for all of that and thank you . . . for you!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment