Friday, October 18, 2013

My Ch-Angel

I have acknowledged my husband on prior occasions, but I will do so again.

Last night, on the 24th anniversary of him asking for my hand in marriage, he took me to see a band we'd seen 23 years prior in Chastain Park in Atlanta. If any of you have had the privilege of attending anything in that venue, it is spectacular.

Last night's venue may not have been as intimate, but Straub Park in downtown Clearwater, under a nearly full moon with a beautiful breeze and the stars blazing to once again see and listen to Chicago was absolutely amazing!

An awful lot has happened in that 24 year span.
There have been many painful things that have occurred.
There have been many overwhelmingly beautiful events as well.

While singing along to every song, holding the hand of my most favorite man in all the world, my thoughts wandered to hearing my parents sing those songs; to hearing my brother's jazz band play their songs; to crying to those songs when I broke up with my first boyfriend; to realizing my kids would be thrilled to be where I am and how happy that makes me that they like GOOD music; to dancing with my husband to some of their best known hits. It was a roller-coaster on the inside while being one of the calmest, most peaceful nights I've had in a long, long, long time.

My Ch-Angel . . . my Victor . . . always at my side.
Always making things special.
I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment