Friday, June 10, 2016

It's All Relative

I've written about this before,
but it deserves a little repetition.

Family. Defined as any group of persons closely related by blood,
as parents, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
This is one of those 'technicalities'.

Family is far more than a simple blood line.
It is defined by those who are willing to
give blood, lose blood, and have blood boil,
for you!
I am from an extraordinarily large family.
Some I haven't spoken to in eons ~ and that's ok.
I'd rather spend the afternoon at Mazzaro's
with a beautiful soul who I'm confident loves and cares about me
without exception.
I'd rather chat with some folks I've known since
elementary school that I'm certain will ALWAYS be there for me.
I'd rather eat pretzels with a bestie
than be dragged to a table to be served month's old frozen dinner.
I'd rather chat with a dear heart
than be judged by someone without one or who's lost touch with their own.
Family shouldn't be 'forced' or 'manipulated' or 'dictated'
to interact or coexist or be with one another.
Sometimes, family are those folks  who simply exist beside you,
caring, supporting, listening, advising, guiding, holding, hugging, and loving you.

I hope you're surrounded by THAT family.
Know that I am your family!
I will encourage you.
I will enlighten you.
I will listen to and hug you.
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment