Friday, March 8, 2024

To Us

Today is International Women's Day!
Some days I feel like a very strong woman.
Other days I weep
at Publix commercials or a favorite song.
What I'm learning is that the weeping is not weakness.
It is heart. It is compassion.
It is the overwhelming presence of who and what I am.
I am also learning
to surround myself with strong women.
None of us are perfect.
We all have our positives ...
but what makes us extraordinary
is that we can buoy one another through the negatives.
That's what we're made for.
We are much stronger, more resilient,
and more persuasive as
a united, collective, connected unit.
An army of uniqueness
is a brave and beautiful thing.
Ladies ... I stand in awe
of your amazing abilities, strength
and fortitude.
I am grateful for your shared energy,
your unwavering support, your kindness,
your friendship, and your love.
Have yourselves whatever kind of day
you're searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment