Thursday, March 14, 2024

Worth

For my friend,
who needs a little lifting up today.
If it helps someone else,

...

bliss bomb!


Worth
by Lyn Marinello

Scars and spots and wrinkles and grays
Are nothing more than a sign of the life in my days
The storms I have weathered and battles I've fought
These badges of honor bare what I've been taught
My beauty may have been outwardly altered
But I'm better for rising each time I have faltered
The lessons I've learned from each scab I've received
Bolsters my worth on which I've desperately cleaved
My skin may have sagged, my curves have evolved
Though my self-doubt has suffered, my soul's been absolved
My core has developed Herculean intent
Broadening horizons, life sans lament
Know that the mirror holds only reflection
See something of value and not of rejection
Time molds the body, but life holds the grit
Your worth can be found in what you permit

Let me know whatcha think.
And ... for my friend ... I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment